I did not see this coming. Not so soon, honestly. Just last December—two months after I started taking this blog seriously—I was nominated for the Liebster Award. I was surprised and pleased that my work was good enough to warrant a nomination for a blogging award. Now I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award, and I’ve never been this glad and grateful.
The Sunshine Award is meant for those whose creativity inspires and sparks positivity in others. It is given to those who bring sunshine into the lives of others. A writer’s greatest joy is to inspire and set off a fire of positivity in the mind of a reader. That’s why this award nomination means so much to me. But it means even more because the nomination came from Eric Rugara—one of my most favourite bloggers. I consider him a better and more polished writer. His work not only inspires; it also challenges and captivates. Nothing feels as good as to sit back and bask in the sunshine of his tales. Thank you Rugara254 for nominating me!
Here are the Sunshine Award rules:-
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate at least 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and your blog.
Here are my nominees:-
Questions to you awesome guys:-
- Which blogger brings sunshine into your life?
- Who is your blogging inspiration?
- What does genre mean to you and which genre suits you best?
- What is the one thing you intend to stir in your readers?
- What kind of stories inspire you most?
- How much do you read?
- How consistent are you in posting new content on your blog?
- What is your weakness in writing?
- What is your strength?
- Where do you draw most of your creativity?
- Share the one blogging tip that has made you a better blogger.
Answers to your questions Rugara254
- Why did you start blogging? To live out loud. Blogging gave me a chance and platform to satisfy this innate urge to write.
- Who is your favorite blogger? Jeff Goins—the guru of blogging.
- What keeps you going and motivated? My passion for writing, and ambitions to reach the heights of success.
- What is your weirdest habit? Brainstorming in the dark. It gives me the poised repose I need to connect with my soul and draw creativity.
- What is your favorite cuisine? Mukimo wa njahi—mashed potatoes, bananas, and black Dolichos Lablab. You should give it a try, but be warned: If you accompany this cuisine with beef stew, you’ll surely bite off your spoon, or tongue.
- What is a personality trait you would like to change in yourself? Inconsistency. It has cost me a lot over the years. I welcomed this year with a promise to work on becoming a consistent person in everything I do. I hope this works.
- What are the first three things you always notice in a person? The eyes, windows of their soul. The articulation tells the level of confidence. How they present themselves informs me of their self-esteem and station in life.
- Which is the best book you have read to date? Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Probably the best book ever written, the characters in this book are tangible, and the tale covers themes I adore, such as relationships and marriage. That’s why I consider it the best book I’ve ever read.
- How do you deal with the negative comments of the people about your appearance or anything else? As long as its constructive criticism, I work towards improving the highlighted areas. If not, then I assume I didn’t hear a thing.
- What is the meaning of your blog name? TIM’S LOUNGE. The name implies to a place where I sit, relax, link my mind to a keyboard and share stories with you, dear reader. I welcome you into my lounge, and you relax and revel in tales of love and life.
- What is your goal in life? To become a great writer, blogger and author.
Let me pen off by appreciating all my readers as well. This lounge exists because of your hospitable presence. Without you, this blog would be a pointless escapade. I also thank all those I’ve nominated for this award. Your work inspires and brings out the best in me. Keep writing. I’m looking forward to your answers to my questions. Rugara254, thank you. The stories you tell keep taking me to places I don’t want to leave. Keep taking me there, please. Cheers!